- puzzling news: how did the CNN folks all end up with the same skin tone? cakey tan looks miserable on all except james carville, who looks only slightly less like an alien than normal without the pallid skin tone.
- funny news: love the wonkette drinking game for tonight's festivities. wish i could have participated.
- good news for america: santorum. gone.
- sad news for america: katherine/katie "bodysuit" harris lost. what, oh what will we make fun of now?
- wack-job news: a dude on cnn just now said his conservative listeners are concerned about a "wild eyed, flaming liberal" political scene in this country, lead by pelosi. huh?
- good news for women: speaking of that wild eyed, flaming liberal, how 'bout the first woman speaker of the house. and might i say, she's triple the hot that dennis 'puffy' hastert was.
- fabulous news for women (hoping i don't eat my words as i upload this post): in oregon we are defeating the parental notification bill for abortion, and it's looking good that the good folks of south dakota will defeat the abortion ban.
- iffy news for wyoming: babs is winning by 400ish votes. so close, yet so far from defeat.
- best news for me: protest vote against bush? -- pshaw, not us oregonians. while the rest of the nation is still swingin' red (despite results tonight), i'm living in a state that is so solidly blue, solidly, beautifully blue.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
small victories for women and america today
observations today on election day: